Beyond BGP: Understanding and Improving Internet Routing
Beyond BGP is a collaboration between UCLA, USC/ISI,
and University of Oregon.
Recent Project Highlights
- Impact of IPv4 Address Allocation Practice on BGP Routing Table Growth,
Zhiguo Xu, Xiaoqiao Meng, Lixia Zhang, Songwu Lu, and Cathy J. Wittbrodt,
IEEE Computer Communications Workshop(CCW), Oct. 2003.
- Detection of Invalid Announcements in RIP Protocols,
Dan Pei, Dan Massey, and Lixia Zhang,
IEEE GLOBECOM, December 2003.
- A Study of BGP Path Vector Route Looping Behavior,
Dan Pei, Xiaoliang Zhao, Dan Massey and Lixia Zhang, ICDCS 2004.
- BGP-RCN: Improving BGP Convergence through Root Cause Notification,
Dan Pei, Matt Azuma, Nam Nguyen, Jiwei Chen, Dan Massey, and Lixia Zhang,
Technical Report, UCLA CSD TR-030047, Oct 2003.
- FRTR: A Scalable Mechanism to Restore Routing Table Consistency,
Lan Wang, Dan Massey and Lixia Zhang, International Conference on Dependable Systems & Networks (DSN'04), to appear.
- Link-Rank: A Graphical Tool for Capturing Routing Dynamics,
Mohit Lad, Dan Massey and Lixia Zhang, in Proceedings of The IEEE/IPIF Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS), April 2004.
- An Algorithmic Approach to Identifying Link Failures,
Mohit Lad, Akash Nanavati, Dan Massey and Lixia Zhang, in Proceedings of the 10th Pacific Rim International Symposium on Dependable Computing (PRDC). March 2004.
- An Analysis of BGP Update Burst during Slammer Attack,
Mohit Lad, Xiaoliang Zhao, Beichuan Zhang, Dan Massey and Lixia Zhang,
in Proceedings of the 5th International Workshop on Distributed
Computing (IWDC), Dec 2003. (Download PDF)